It's an important time to remember that you are not your job, you are not your credit rating, and you are not your balance sheet. None of these things can give a person genuine peace of mind or joy. Only things that cannot be taken away from you by any outside force, things like your values and your love for your family and friends, can be relied on regarless of whether times are good or bad.
Here is a process that I use to center myself, regarless of my external situation.
1. Touch base with what’s really important to you- get grounded in your values.
2. Evaluate your skills & strengths- get grounded in what you have to offer.
3. Review weaknesses & fears. How are you getting in your own way?
4. Take a good hard look at relationships- express gratitude to family & friends.
5. Identify your priorities based on your values, positive traits, & relationships.
6. Save and direct your energy to your top priorities first.
7. Tackle your fears and weaknesses. Make your relationships right, become willing to do what it takes to apply yourself to your priorities.
8. Hone your skills, stay focused on what you have to offer.
9. Create value, use skills & strengths to help your family, friends, and community.
10. R & R to replenish your energy!