Saturday, May 3, 2008

Desert Island Game

In honor of my Gramps.

This list is about luxury and sanity.

If you were banished to a desert island for a very very long time, what ten items would you take?


Assume you have only minimal clothes, shelter, fire, food, tools, medicine, and water on the island.

Assume you do not have electricity. Generators and batteries are not allowed on the island. No escape vehicles allowed.

There are no other people on the island, this is solitary isolation. You may have a crate of one item.

List of Ten Things I would take to a desert island:

1. Shakespeare, complete works
2. The Bible
3. A Hang (see a great post butuki absolutely-in-love )
4. My Giant Faux Mink Pillow
5. A Crate of Paper
6. Calligraphy Pen
7. Giant Block of Ink
8. A Poem by My Daughter
9. Magnifying Glass
10. Telescope

2 comments:

KTJ Scott said...

This is a game we used to play often when I was a child. Whether it was on the way to the campground for our annual coastal trip or to a soccer match on the other side of Washington.

I wonder which poem it is that you would take...is it the one about the rock?

10 thing that I would bring with me on a desert island:

1. a soccer ball
2. a journal
3. color sharpie pens
4. seeds to grow herbs for cooking
5. rope
6. my cat van gogh
7. a friend
8. Barbara Kingsolver books
9. frying pan
10. chocolate

Kathleen Scott said...

KTJ- I would let you pick the poem or write a new one! The Rock was a good one, also our journal and the valentine's one I have on my mirror at home.
Your Mom