Saturday, May 31, 2008

Life Maps

A Life Map is my reminder not to get too hung up on any one aspect of my life, and a reminder that the big picture can ironically bring me back to the precious moment of NOW.

Geographic features of my Life Map:

Creativity
Home
Body
Career
Finances
Emotional Life
Spiritual Life
Family
Friends
Mate
Social Life
Community
Cuisine
Education
Playtime
Meditation & Prayer
Sports
Opera
Philanthropy
Wardrobe
Art Collection
Book Collection
Jewelry Collection
Reading List
Current Affairs & Politics
My Car
My Blog

Okay WOW my life is rich and full. Overwhelming if I try to think about it all at once. I keep a life map to remind me of how many overlaps and layers there are, how many ways to focus my attention and energy.

I embrace a few areas with goals – no more than five at a time – and attach action items to enrich my experiences in those areas. The timeframe can be a day or a year. Some areas lay fallow or run on automatic for seasons or decades. The goals are a guide, not a rule or a stick.

The point is to love my life no matter what!

No comments: